Saturday, July 4, 2009

July 6th, 2009

Monday July 6, 2009 of the 14th week in Ordinary Time

Readings: Genesis 28: 10-22a Psalm 91: 1-4, 15ab Matthew 9: 18-26
Response: “ In You, my God, I place my trust”

Knowing Jacob’s penchant for hedging, we may wonder about his bargaining with God.
Not like his ancestor, Abraham, Jake put lots of conditions on which he will obey God’s will and do what he was supposed to do.
God doesn’t need to qualify His promises. Once made, they are inviolate.
But just to make sure, Jacob vows, “If God remains with me, protects me, feeds me, clothes me, keeps me from harm etc, He will be my God.
Do we lay conditions on our Faith in Him? If someone we love falls ill, do we bargain with God or do we allow Him to use His immortality and omnipotence to guide us? We all fall into the political mindset as though God were running for a place in Government! God rules the world and doesn’t need any assistants or assistance!
God asks us to obey His Church! He says, “I’ve protected it, guided it, instructed it through 2000 years! What more can you want?

Our life on earth is like a drop of rain in a deluge. The psalmist knows this as he knows his own mind. Therefore, whom does he place his trust? The Lord!.

The synagogue official and the lady stricken with a blood disease, both possess the ingredient necessary to effect healing.
If your doctor told you go home your daughter is OK, would you question him?
If you’ve been to the doctors many times and they weren’t able to fix you, would you depend on a passerby and touch His cloak?
Not unless you had the Faith of a mustard seed. Then you wouldn’t be surprised at any of God’s providences. We prayed for rain, He delivered! We thank Him and He doesn’t hesitate to give us more!

No comments:

Post a Comment