Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday of the Fourth Week of Easter

Friday May 8, 2009 of the Fourth Week of Easter

Readings: ACTS 13: 26-33 Psalm 2: 6-11b John 14: 1-6
Psalm Response: “You are my son, this day I have begotten You!”

Paul continues his sermon to the Antiochians of Pisisia.
This Jesus whom we proclaim, has been the subject of the prophecies down through the centuries from Moses to John the Baptist as the One Who would save us from the scourge of eternal death.
He had to be accused, condemned and crucified, in order for the Father to raise Him from the tomb three days after they took Him down from the tree. He the one Who by scripture became sin for us is the reason for our joy. Now the gates of heaven, shut because of the first Adam’s sin have been eternally opened by the second Adam, Jesus. Therefore, we can be assured, if we abide in His love by our imitation of Him, we, at our mortal end, will put on the immortality of the saved and be with Him forever.

The psalmist reminds all supposed leaders; they are appointed for a time! When their life has been spent, if they had abided in Christ they will join with their righteous subjects in the eternal life. Otherwise expect the worst!

Jesus, after telling His disciples He was going to leave them to prepare a place for them,they were distraught at the prospect. However, they could be assured of His love if they believe. As He said on many occasions, do not doubt, I do not tell lies! I tell you openly so you may believe, when the Son of man has been lifted up, implying both His death and His resurrection, you will be in the realm of my Father, if you believe My words. So do not be afraid. Like My father I know you will be among the first fruits of My redemption.

No comments:

Post a Comment